Meet our candidate who is an IT Engineer with 20 years’ experience. His area of expertise is in data center management and administration. Currently working for a Fortune 500 company, he heads up the UNIX infrastructure team, data protection, and encryption. He is available for direct hire in San Diego, CA.
- Responsible for scaling, maintaining & troubleshooting leading semiconductor company’s datacenter backup environment
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and scaling a 690 Terabyte per month backup environment consisting of over 200 backup policies in three separate datacenter locations using NetBackup running on Solaris
- Project lead for internal and external auditors to ensure that all SOX in scope servers are backed up with proper frequency, retention, and encryption
- Responsible for building, deploying, tuning and maintaining storage host groups and production LDEV
- Configured servers and workstations to be networked with multiple medical modalities, such as MRI and CAT scan machines using a DICOM protocol.
- Accountable for post-deployment maintenance of all work stations, servers, and SAN equipment for over 14 hospitals.
Our candidate received an IT Excellence Award for reducing backup environment cost by over 75k after streamlining the environment’s online SQL and RMAN backups.